I always admire bakers who create such luscious and mouth watering cakes. But my Hats Off to those who make ART using Fondant, Its not easy, I got drained. For the love of baking I dare to try something I am not familiar with. This is My first ever attempt with Fondant. i love it :) I need Practice, I need a dummie, I need more Fondant :)
9th of July 2009: I enrolled in a beginner course in Fondant making, The night before I was so excited I cant even sleep. Anyways the class starts at 10 so I went there early to register and well, be in front seat.
Ms. Aggy of Heny Sison Culinary School helped us in discovering the world of fondant and Gum paste. I really enjoyed that class, I learned a lot and now I am More Fascinated with Fondant, Gum paste and piping.
My Passion for baking and decorating has reached another level, I do love it, its very tiring, physically and mentally. But I love it.
P.s. Here's a Picture of my First attempt with Fondant .
Here's a Basic Recipe of Fondant:
1. Dissolve the gelatin into cold water. set aside for 5 mins. mix a bit
2. Prepare a double boiler put into medium heat
4. Pour the gelatin in the double boiler, stir and when the gelatin turns clear no particles visible add the glucose.
5. dissolve the glucose then add the glycerin.
6. When glycerin is dissolved add the shortening.
7. Dissolved the shortening and turn off the heat.
8. Get Back with the powdered sugar, Pour the gelatin mixture in the middle of the well of the powdered sugar.
10. when its all mixed up. get half of the powdered sugar and put it in a clean surface.
11. Pour the contents of the mixing bowl in the powdered sugar and Its time to Knead!
12. Knead till it turns into dough.
13. If it is still sticky it needs more kneading.
14. When the right texture is achieved wrap it tightly using plastic and store it in a container.
Hope This Helps :)